Want to reduce that heavy trigger pull weight
on your Savage Axis or Edge?
- Spring & Overtravel Screw will reduce your trigger pull from stock 6.5 lbs to between 3 and 5 lbs.
- Trigger shims help remove the side to side wobble in the trigger housing, greatly improving consistency and provide a cleaner break.
- Shims don’t show after installation.
- Sear spring replacement not required.
- Manufactured from 300 series Stainless Steel with High Corrosion resistance.
- A fraction of the cost of a replacement trigger!
- Easy installation in less than 30 minutes.
- Improved accuracy and overall rifle performance.
- Can be fully reversed for warranty purposes.
- Functions in all Savage Axis models and calibers and may fit some the later Edge, models
- Works in factory stock and many other aftermarket stocks including Boyd’s
Results may vary slightly between individual rifles and trigger pull gauges.
1 Stainless steel trigger spring
1 Stainless steel over travel screw
2 Stainless steel trigger shims
1 Super Lube 1cc packet to help with the install
2 Allen wrenches to remove stock bolts and install over travel bolt
1 Multipage step by step guideline
Some Fitment Of Your Trigger Guard To Make It Sit Flush, Caused From Protruding Over-Travel Screw Head May Be Required, SEE PICTURE ABOVE
*****SAVAGE EDGE OWNERS PLEASE READ AS FOLLOWS*****
Why do Some Savage Edge rifles have the unthreaded over travel area?
Savage originally brought out a low budget hunting rifle called the Edge, which had the unthreaded over travel adjuster. Then sometime a little later they changed the trigger to have the threaded spring over travel adjuster.
Due to infringement with another outdoor company marketing name “Edge”, Savage changed the name from Edge to Axis, nothing else was changed just the name.
There is no way of finding out how many of the original Edge models had the unthreaded over travel, believe me, we have spoken to various people at Savage to try and figure to no avail
Some sellers are saying
“The first couple of 1000 Edges produced have a different trigger”
How long is a piece of string?
The only way to determine would be to take a look at it yourself.
If your Edge has the threaded over-travel spring adjuster this kit will fit. If it doesn’t then it won’t fit